LAW OFFICE BELGRADE FOR IMMIGRATION LAWIvan
Law office Belgrade for immigration law Ječmenica R. Ivan has years of experience of successful legal practice in domain of the immigration law. A foreigners who plan to stay in the Republic of Serbia has many dilemma and potential problems in the process of finding the best legal framework for regulation their legal status and the legal status of the members of their family, employees, etc.
Our Law office Belgrade for immigration law provides you full legal assistence starting from the moment of entry in the Republic of Serbia to the moment of the final regulation your legal status in the way of getting temporary residence permit and as well, if it`s necessary, in the way of getting work permit.
In the Republic of Serbia immigration law is regulated by two laws: the Law on Foreigners (Official Gazette of the RS no. 24/2018) and the Law on Employment of Foreigners (Official Gazette of the RS no. 128/2014, 113/2017 and 50/2018).
VISA OR FREE REGIME OF ENTRY
According to Serbian laws the foreigner is any person who hasn`t the citizenship of the Republic of Serbia. In the point of view of possibility that the foreigners can entry in the Republic of Serbia without special approval as Visa there are two differents regimes: the free regime and the Visa regime. The Visa regime is the rule but by international agreement or by decision of Government can be provided that foreigners who have citizenship of some countries can entry in the Republic of Serbia without Visa.
In the accordance to that, there are many countries whose citizens have the free regime of entry in the Republic of Serbia but the period of time which their citizens can stay in the Republic of Serbia isn`t the same. The citizens of countries that have signed Schengen agreement, United of States, United Kingdom, Canada, New Zealand and etc. can stay in the Republic of Serbia without Visa the longest 90 days, either with interruptions or without interruption, in a span of six months, starting from the date of the first entry. On other hand, for example – the citizens of the China, the India and the Russia can stay in the Republic of Serbia without Visa the longest 30 days.
Our Law office Belgrade for immigration law will check if your country of origin is on the list of free regime for entry in the Republic of Serbia.
THE CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY AND THE RESIDENCE APPLICATION
The foreigners can entry in the Republic of Serbia under next circumstances:
• Owns valid travel document – the most often a passeport but for the citizens of some countries only a identity card
• Owns a tourist arrangement (tourist visit) or a Invitation letter from the Serbian, legal entities or associations which are incorporated in the Republic of Serbia
• Owns a travel medical insurance for the intended period of stay in the Republic of Serbia
• Owns sufficient means of subsistence during his stay in the Republic of Serbia, for return to his country of origin or transit to another country – 50 euros per day (a less amount is required if the foreigner has a tourist arrangement or a Invitation letter)
Our Law office Belgrade for immigration law provides you legal advice and others technical support in the phase before your entry in the Republic of Serbia. We advice our clients especially which conditions they should realize for the legal entry in the Republic of Serbia as well about the procedure and conditions if the clients plan to stay longer in the Republic of Serbia.
When the foreigner is arrived in the Republic of Serbia there is a obligation to register his residence within 24 hours. The registration of foreigner`s residence in the Republic of Serbia is before Police station which is competent for the area of the adress of the appartment where the foreigner stay.
The obligation to register the foreigner`s residence have:
1. Legal entities, sole proprietors and individuals who leases accommodation for a rent or their legal represents within 24 hours from the moment of the foreigner`s check-in.
2. Legal entities, sole proprietors and individual who hosts the foreigner or their legal represents within 24 hours from the moment when the foreigner is hosted in the appartment.
The registration of foreigner`s residence is completed by filling out the Application of foreigner`s residence, in two copies. One copy should be submitted to Police station for registering the data in the electronic records and another copy should be returned to the foreigner as proof of his adress in the Republic of Serbia.
TEMPORARY RESIDENCE PERMIT
About a temporary residence permit we have written here. A temporary residence is a permission of staying in the Republic of Serbia for the foreigner who intents to stay longer than 90 days in accordance with some legal grounds – for example – family reunion, company formation, studying or specialization, ownership of real property, employment etc. Our Law law office Belgrade for immigration law can help you to choose the best legal ground for temporary residence permit related to your family situation and business plans.
New Law on foreigners provides new grounds for getting temporary residence permit as well the grounds which were used in practice but weren`t regulated by law as ownership of real property in the Republic of Serbia. According to that, as new grounds for getting temporary residence permit there are: 1) performing religious service; 2) treatment or care; 3) ownership over immovable property; 4) humanitarian stay; 5) status of presumed victim of trafficking in human beings; 6) status of victim of trafficking in human beings.
EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS – WORK PERMIT
The foreigners can be employed in the Republic of Serbia under the conditions to get: 1) temporary residence permit or permanent residence permit and 2) permit for work. The permit for work is legal document which authorizes the foreigners to be employed or self-employed in the Republic of Serbia.
The permit for work can be issued as:
1) personal work permit
2) work permit
The foreigner can get only one type of the permit for work for the same period of time.
To sum up, our Law office Belgrade for immigration law provides you next legal services:
• Giving a legal advice related to curcumstances which should be provided for entry in the Republic of Serbia
• Writing and collecting all documents for applying for temporary residence permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Applying for temporary residence permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Legal representation of foreigners at procedure of obtaining temporary residence permit before Agency for foreigners
• Writing and collecting all documents for applying for work permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Applying for work permit in the Republic of Serbia
• Legal representation of foreigners at procedure of obtaining work permit before National Employment Service
Immigration lawyer Ivan Ječmenica
Contact: +381 65 809 54 13